Question
Posted by: Veron | 2004/11/30

First time visit to Shrink

I'm going to see a shrink next week, I'm very nervous, what can I expect?

believe it or not, blackbird answered this very well ! The shrink is likely to be a pleasant person, interested in you. They should help you to feel comfortable talking about yourself and your problems, and will probably have a series of set questions in the first session, to help them assess the situation and advise properly on the best way of dealing with whatever problems you have. Be frank and open --- being untruthful or trying to hide anything from the shrink would only cheat yourself --- they will maintain confidentiality and understand whatever you need to say ; and will then start work on helping you to understand the nature of your problem(s) and to work together to find solutions for them.

2
Posted by: Shaun | 2004/11/30

Very well said BB!!! Couldn't do it any better myself.

Regards,
Shaun

Reply to Shaun
Posted by: blackbird | 2004/11/30

oh panic, be scared be very scared, oh no ....this is bad...because.....

you might find a person, a human being, somebody that realy understands you, somebody that actually belief that your fears and feelings and and are real, and that you just cant "snap out of it". enjoy it, and be open with the shrink, tell him.her everything, trust me.

hey sometimes i think the shrinks are more fearfull of the 1st visit then us nutcases ....

Reply to blackbird