Question
Posted by: scary | 2006/07/19

first time for pap smear

Can you go for a pap smear while you are having our period?

No it is best to wait till the period is over. The blood can interfere with the result.

4
Posted by: SG1 | 2006/07/20

Again, maybe different gynaes feel differently about it. I just know my gynae doesn't have a problem with it. I agree that you should check with your gynae.

Reply to SG1
Posted by: chix | 2006/07/20

You should phone your gynea on the first day of your period to inform her that it has arrived and then she/he should book a suitable date for you accordingly.
it is a relatively painless procedure and the consultation lasts a few minutes in total.

Reply to chix
Posted by: Sally | 2006/07/20

No you can't. I think you need to wait a week after or something like that

Reply to Sally
Posted by: SG1 | 2006/07/20

Let me tell you, there is nothing those gynae's havent seen or experienced. So yes, you can. I remember in Feb, I had to have a hymenectomy where they cut away part of my hymen that was too tough to penetrate and I had my periods at the time. That didn't bother my gynae at all!!

Reply to SG1