Question
Posted by: Anxious | 2008/05/21

First sight of pregnancy on scan

I am very anxious. I believe that I am 5 weeks pregnant (conception occurred 3 weeks ago). The HPT was positive, but I had a scan today at 5 weeks, and there was no sign of a pregnancy.

What is the average time in which it takes for a pregnancy to be confirmed on a scan?

thanks

From 6 weeks.

4
Posted by: topaz_sa | 2008/05/22

With an external scan you will probably see nothing - I had an internal scan at about 6 weeks, and you can see the heart beat.

Reply to topaz_sa
Posted by: Nix | 2008/05/21

You should already be able to see a sac. perhaps you ovulated later then you thought. i wouldn't worry about it yet.

Reply to Nix
Posted by: nash | 2008/05/21

i can remember at 5 weeks the doctor also told me that its too soon to see anything and that i should wait. with my secon pregnancy i was 5w3d and he could only see a sac with no baby. at 7 weeks i saw a blob and at 10 weeks i saw a blob with hands. at 13 weeks you see the baby the best.

Reply to nash
Posted by: Amy | 2008/05/21

Come join the pregnancy chat line hun. I only had my first scan at 11 weeks so i don't know

Reply to Amy