Question
Posted by: Deb's | 2006/11/14

First Scan after successful IVF

I have just been for my first scan after a successful IVF program.
I am worried, as the size of my little one is only 5.5mm, which equates to 6w and 2 days. Yet tomorrow I am 7 weeks, (2 weeks+ exactly 5 weeks after my aspiration and fertilisation on the 11th Oct with transfer 3 days later, 14th Oct). According to research my little one should be between CRL 8 to 10mm big. The doc mentioned a day behind according to his calcs. Should I be concerned? Does IVF pregnancies differ in terms of weeks and days to normal pregnancies?

Thanks,
Debbie

There is a margin of error with scans. If the fetal heart was there, that is a good sign.

2
Posted by: Deb's | 2006/11/15

Thanks San, I lost a LO last year at 8 weeks, so I am very anxious. Did you also have IVF treatment?

Cheers
Debbie

Reply to Deb's
Posted by: san | 2006/11/14

You shouldn't worry so much, If the dr didn't look worried everything should be fine. Did you see a little heart beating yet? I only saw my LO heart at 7w5d,

The size is an estimate, in the beginning my "date" jumped round a bit, then a week less then a week more...

but in the end she was as far as I thought.

Reply to san