Question
Posted by: CD | 2004/12/08

first period after 6 years- planning for baby

I have not been having a period for the past six years as i was on the 2 month injection. I have since come off 5 months ago and have received my first period on the 6th of December.

When will i start ovulating? and how soon will I be able to fall pregnant?

You could ovulate this month. Remember that it can take a normal healthy couple up to a year to fall pregnant.

3
Posted by: La | 2004/12/09

You should go and have a chat with your gynae or gp. They can do a bood test that can give you an Idea if you ovulated.

Read up in the net about ovulation there are some ideas as to tell you when you could possibly be ovulating.

Reply to La
Posted by: Kate | 2004/12/09

Golly is right in sayingthat keeping a diary will help you determine when the optimum time for ovulation and therefore conception could be.

You could be lucky and start ovulating this month (may be around the 17th - 21st). Hopefully you will get your period again next month. If so, then work out how many days your cycle was and subtract 14 days from that. That will gve you an idea of when you coudl be ovulating during your cycle.

Good luck!

Reply to Kate
Posted by: Golly | 2004/12/08

CD,

Your cycle may take a while to regulate itself. Only once your cycle is regular can you predict ovulation more accurately. It is possible to fall pregnant before your cycles have regulated, but your chances will be much higher if you are able to predict the optimum time of ovulation.

It may take a healthy couple up to a year to fall pregnant, so you may have to practise some patience in 2005.....Keep a cycle diary so your will pick up on your cycle length and symptoms more quickly.

Good luck with ttc!

Reply to Golly