Question
Posted by: JCD | 2004/01/09

FIRST GYNAE VISIT WHEN PREGNANT.

WITH MY FIRST BABY I WAS NOT ON MEDICAL AID SO I JUST WENT WHEN I FOUND OUT & THEY JUST TOLD ME WHEN TO COME BACK(GENERAL HOSITAL). NOW THAT I AM PREGNANT AGAIN & ON MED AID I KNOW THAT THERE IS SO MUCH MORE THAT I CAN EXPERIANCE DURING THIS PREGNANCY. I ONLY HAD ONE SCAN FOR THE FIRST & COULD NOT SEE ANYTHING. I WOULD JUST LIKE TO KNOW WHEN SHOULD I VISIT THE DOC AS I AM ONLY 7 WEEKS & HEARD THAT YOU CAN ONLY HEAR THE HEART BEAT AT 8 WEEKS.

You should make an appointment now. If you have no medical problems and had a normal first pregnancy, as long as you are seen before 12 weeks, that would be fine.

3
Posted by: JCD | 2004/01/09

Thanks i will phone asap. Thanks for the advice

Reply to JCD
Posted by: Belle | 2004/01/09

Any time from 8 - 12 weeks is the genral rule for first appointments but phone your doctor and find out when he can see you. Alot of doctors are realy fully booked and can only see you in a month or two, so dont wait until the last moment.

Reply to Belle
Posted by: Anita | 2004/01/09

Hi JCD

Most of doctors prevere to see you if you are 8 weeks pregnant, when you can here the heartbeat. This is a real amazing thing to hear.

After that you can go every 4 weeks.

Good luck with your pregnancy!

Reply to Anita