Question
Posted by: New | 2007/03/14

First Appointment

Hello Doctor

I think I may be pregnant, I have done two hpt's and they where both positive.
I phoned my gynae and spoke to the receptionist who said from my last period which was 21 Jan that I am already almost eight weeks pregnant. Could this be true? I did a test about two and a half weeks ago and it was negative. My cycle has also been very irregular and over the last few months I have missed several periods or had a very long cycle of almost two months.
Do you think I could be this far along already?
What can I expect at my first appointment? Will they do a blood test or a scan? If they do a scan will I see the baby?
I have also been feeling extremely dizzy the last few days and I have period like cramps.
I am scared and nervous and of course happy so I am very curious to know what normally happens during an appointment. What should I expect?
Thank you so much!!!

From your period , you would be almost 8. weeks pregnant but, if your periods are irregular, this may not be accurate. Make your appointment within the next 2-3 weeks. A scan at this time should see the fetus.

3
Posted by: Eloise | 2007/03/14

Hi New,

Im seven weeks pregnant and I've have my first appointment tomorow. Im a little scared but also excited. So you are not alone.

Good Luck and Congrats!!!

Reply to Eloise
Posted by: Mel | 2007/03/14

Yes, they start counting your weeks from the first day of your last period so you will be 8 weeks on Sunday - congrats!
As for your first appointment, your doctor will do some blood tests and you will also have a scan - most probably an internal as you can see so much more in the early stages. Don't worry about anything, it is great to see your baby for the first time!

Reply to Mel
Posted by: JOJO | 2007/03/14

YOU DEFNALTEY SOUND PRGANT ! CONGRATS ! THIS IS THE MOST PRECIOUS GIFT YOU CAN EVER GET ! - IF YOU ARE AS FAR ALONG AS THE RECEPTIONIST SPECULATES - YOU'LL EVEN HEAR THE BABIES HEARTBEAT ! KEEP ME POSTED ...

Reply to JOJO