Question
Posted by: joan | 2007/03/05

firming thighs

hi there,

i have been gyming for 2 months and my BIGGEST problem is my legs.
I have now improved the look of my upper leg (above knee) but the thighs remain fat. The area just above the muscle in the upper leg, just under the buttox.

PLEASE advise me on exercises to assist.

Hi Joan

It's only been 2 months, and while that may seem like a long time, it really isn't and so part of the solution is to give it more time. You are just struggling with a specific area, and tha'ts certainly nothing new - almost everyone does, and so you have to realise that it will take more time to sort out those troublesome areas. What you have been doing has obviously worked for the upper leg and will eventually start to work for the thigh as well, but for these trouble areas, you have to focus on cardio. I don't know what you have done, but if you are not already doing cardio training, then you certainly need to start doing some - things like running, walking, cycling, swimming, aerobics, taebo etc are all recommended. I would aim for at least 4 or 5 days a week of this. Again, I don't know what you are doing at the moment, but that's where you should be headed.