Question
Posted by: Dalene | 2008/05/23

Fingertips Dry, Crack and Burst Open

For the past 6 months my fingertips are dry, crack and then burst open. I use gloves when I do dishes, I changed my bath soap to the Dettol soap and I frequently put cream on my hands (tried many types of creams for my hands) but my fingertips keeps getting dry, crack and then burst open. Is there anything I can do to fix this. When the cracks burst open my fingers are so sore that I cannot use them. Please help, I do not know what to do anymore, I am desperate!

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

I suggest that you make an appointment with a dermatologist, as it is possible that you have psorias or severe eczema. Skin scrapings will have to be done, in order to have it analised.

Kind regards

6
Posted by: Renu | 2016/04/08

I sympathise with Dalene...my finger tips are the same ....been to a number of skin specilialist ....nothing has worked for the past 8 years....I am surely going to try the Cumfry Cream as suggested by one of the suffering readers...I do the Vaselene bit every night ....looking forward to some remedy....

Reply to Renu
Posted by: Bach | 2016/03/30

I put Miracle Cumfry Cream on with surgerle glove on overnight, heal overnight and must beter the next day.

Reply to Bach
Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/06/15

Could be vitamin c deficiency

Posted by: Anet | 2008/10/27

I have extremely dry and cracked - blister like fingertips. I have been to the doctor and used cortisone creams as well as a butter like cream. This has not helped at all. I also tend to touch my feet and it has now spread to my feet as well.

Reply to Anet
Posted by: "Fatty" | 2008/05/24

Perhaps you can try zam-buck overnight? Smells awful! but works like a bomb. I put plaster over the sore finger so it works all night. As you can gather mine is not chronic, but happens occasionally in winter, and 2 or 3 nights and the finger is better. Try not to tug an pull at the healing skins, if you can leave them or clip them (a last resort)

Fatty

Reply to "Fatty"
Posted by: anxious | 2008/05/24

Dalene

Do you get these big chunks of split-skin on the edges of your nails? I get these all the time and they are also so sore and I dont know what to do - I use Vaseline Skin Food cream every day for my massage treatment for my leg for my lymphoedema so its not as if I dont put cream on my hands - I only get this in the nail area and wondered if its similar to what you have! Sorry about the description but I cant think of an other way of descsribing it!

Reply to anxious