Our expert says:
Thanks for the defence on the previous question about delays, and apologies for the delay to your question!
Difficult to say what the problem might be - is it possible that it was misdiagnosed, and that it may well be fractured slightly? An X-ray would be the only definitive way to know this. But I certainly wouldn't force it, because that level of pain and swelling means that there is substantial damage to the finger, and that needs to heal before you even consider physio to assist movement. I think you therefore need to give it time and maybe even tape it again. It's now a week since your post, and so perhaps the passage of time has helped, in which case my answer is outdated.
But I'd say give it until you can go without the tape and pain, then consider seeing a physio. But time should help.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal
advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.