Question
Posted by: zessie | 2002/12/03

Finger disforming ?arthritis

My little finger has become crooked and is red and sore in the joint at times. Is it the start of arthritis. Can it be reversed. What can I do to prevent the rest of my fingers being affected - or even the rest of my bone structure? Has it got something to do with diet or is it genetic?

Zessie, it difficult to say for sure without examining you first, but it does sound like a form of arthritis. The effects of arthritis are difficult to reverse, so the best is alway to try to prevent them. The best would be to see a rheumatologist and have it sorted out. Good luck.