Question
Posted by: baby2mom | 2007/06/23

Finding White Egg Donor in Jhb

Any ideas as to how/ where we can find a white egg donor in Jhb?

We are working with a fertility clinic, but there is a shortage of these angels.

Can't afford the donor recruitment agency, but am prepared to try find a donor. Have posted ads, notices, etc whereever we can find an appropriate place.

Any advice or input or know of any one interested to help?

DEAR BABY2MOM

Unfortunately egg donors are hard to come by and the only suggestion I have is to just keep trying.

4
Posted by: Baby2mom | 2007/07/15

Dear Gill,
An egg donor goes for initial blood tests and has a physical (all costs paid by the clinic). If all is okay, the donor is given medication to stimulate egg development from the time of her period. From then until ovulation, the donor has 2 - 3 scans. When the donor ovulates, the eggs are removed (aspired) and fertilized with my husband's sperm. The embryos are grown in a special medium and between 3 and 5 days later 2 embryos are implanted in my uterus. During this time, my uterus is also prepared for pregnancy.
Donors are offered a legal donation of R6,000 to compensate for inconvenies, travel, etc. We work with a very reputable clinic with wonderful people.

Please let me know if it is some thing you would like to consider and I will email you more info. Email me at baby2mom at webmail dot co dot za or I will look here again.

Sincere thanks.

Reply to Baby2mom
Posted by: Gill | 2007/07/10

What does it entail to be an egg donor? (possible considering)

Reply to Gill
Posted by: baby2mom | 2007/06/24

Dear Yolande,

yes, thanks - I am working with Medfem, but there is such a sghortage of egg donors that I am trying to find my own egg donor. Can you help or advise at all?

Thanks,
BABY2MOM

Reply to baby2mom
Posted by: Yolande | 2007/06/23

Have you tried Medfem Clinic in Sandton?

Reply to Yolande