Question
Posted by: gav | 2004/01/08

find specialist

Please could you let me know who I can contact to find out about Dysthemic Disorder or Cyclothymic Disorder, if possible could you please put me in contact with someone in the JHB
area.

Gavin

Dear gav,
As a policy, we don't recommend specific therapists or shrinks, for a number of realyl good reasons. One is that nobody could possibly keep track of the thousands of shrinks and counsellors around the country and have any real idea of their qualities and talents. There are many psychiatrists in JHB, most of whom ought to be able to deal with Dysthymia / Cyclothymia --- I'm not aware of any one who specifically specializes mainly in this condition, though many have a major interest in and experience of, the Depressions in general.