Question
Posted by: john mc | 2005/11/21

financial problems and depression

i am seeing a dr but much of my depression comes from huge financial loss caused by myself.i cant seem to stop dwelling on this.any suggestions my depression has lasted for months.i am retired

What would make the biggest difference, in specifically dealing with such recurrent gloomy ruminations, would be, in addition to medication, to see a good local shrink providing CBT (Cognitive-behaviour Therapy ) style counselling, which specifically targets changing negative and depression-inducing thights. It doesn't need to take long, and is practical and sensible rather than airy-fairy.