Question
Posted by: AD | 2007/05/10

Finally Pregnant

2 weeks ago I found out I was pregnant. But when I went to see the doctor the scan didnt show anything accept for a open sac. I took a blood test it was positive I was told to come back in 3-4 weeks for another scan. what does this mean? how may weeks am I? I also been seeing some brown discharge PLS HELP

You don't say when your last period was. It could be that you are still very early (under 6 weeks) or it could indicate a mioscarriage. You could repeat the blood test to see whether the HCG levels have increased. Another scan in a couple of weeks will also give the answer.

1
Posted by: a mum | 2007/05/11

Congrats on being preggies. Most doctors prefer doing a scan when you are about 8 weeks pregnant because then they can see the sac and baby's heart beat properly. Very early pregnancies they can only see the sac that is why he told you to come back later. You should maybe contact your dr to find out about the discharge you have. Good luck

Reply to a mum