Question
Posted by: vkg | 2007/06/05

fighting wit ur best friend

ok i work with my friend we met here at work and just became good friends, i bought a car last december and travel together to work from home, her place is on the way to work, lwe share lunch and because we get paid on different times in the month we share lunch.<br>last week she was broke and told me bring lunch i brought my stuff and she acted funny so ignored it, i wanted to buy us lunch cause i had cash she insisted we have separate lunches. on friday because of the strike action my mom told me to stay at home for my safety i did that told her if she wants to go to work she can i cant go, and i thought she was cool with it, yesterday my mom says theres a problem were we live i need to go there as she cant leave i rush home and tell i have to go home now she says she cant go she has to stay and work off the hour (casual). i then say cool, next thing i drive to her house in the morning to pick her up she has already left i call and she is pissed off cause she had no cab fare home yesterday, she only tells me now when i asked her if she was cool with it yesterday, now how am i to speak to her, i already spend my lunch on my own, cause she changed things and now does that mean the car pool and friendship is out, i support what she wants and even when she changed things i kept quiet said its fine, now she is angry i only do what she does am i being unreasonable or is it her that's changed?

Don't allow her to turn this into a large disaster. You had perfectly good reasons for what you did, and though these may have been inconvenient for you, she need not have turned them into a major fuss. She's not appreciating how you take her to and from work every day, but concentrating on a couple of days when the arrangement didin't work out. Maybe she needs to be left to take some time to get this all into perspective. She's being childish --- let her finish her tantrum --- I doubt that she'll find any alternative arrangment suits her so well ; then let her approach you.

4
Posted by: sunflower | 2007/06/05

i think if your friend is important to you then you should talk to her. ignoring her will not make the problem go away. maybe both of you will forget and then if it happens again in the future it will just catch you off guard again.

Just talk to her adn tell her what you told us, that you are confused adn think maybe to avoid the problem its best you do things on your own. but emphasise that it doesn ot mean that you care about her any less. that might be hard becos it depends how mature she is.

if she is important to you nip it in the bud, if not move on. good luck.

Reply to sunflower
Posted by: vkg | 2007/06/05

i just really want to do things on my own from now but dont know how to tell her but that its not the end of our friendship because i hate akward situations that bring me drama i love my peace really i do. right now ive been busy and in the office now people are giving looks which means the whole office knows and i thought it was a private thing, maybe she is using me who knows

Reply to vkg
Posted by: Joy | 2007/06/05

Ag man this will blow over..sounds like she's throwing a childish tantrum..like a spoilt child! Just tell her you're sorry, and ignore her! She'll come around eventually.

Reply to Joy
Posted by: RMC | 2007/06/05

she's a USER

Reply to RMC