Posted by: denoise | 2008/09/07

Any hints on what can be taken to combat fibrositis? Really don' t think the word is spelt the way I have spelt it. Sorry!!!

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear Denoise
Nothing wrong with the spelling. Fibro-myalgia is probably what you are enquiring about and you probably have musculoskeletal pain and stiffness which occur more often in the neck and shoulder region. It is also sometimes associated with irritable bowel syndrome, headaches, fatigue etc. Exercise and tricyclic antidepressants have a modest response.
If the discomfort is unbearable, I suggest you make an appointment with a rheumatologist for a full check-up to make sure there aren't any other causes and he/she can make some suggestions regarding possible therapy.