Posted by: EA | 2005/11/18


I have been doing research on Fibromyalgia and I believe that I am suffering from FMS. I have most of the classic symptoms and have been to many physicians but no-one seems to know how to treat me. I have been on Cymbalta, Trepeline and Neurontin. I suffer terribly with side effects. What other medications are available? I read that Melatonin KL has been quite successfully used in FMS patients. I am very despondent, please give me some advice as to where I can find a doctor that specialises in FMS.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageHeadache expert

Dear EA

The best person to see is a "Rheumatologist". Your GP should be able to advise you who the rheumatologist/s in your area are. If your GP can't help you, then please contact me on and let me know where you live, so I can locate someone in your area.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.