Question
Posted by: EA | 2005/11/18

Fibromyalgia

I have been doing research on Fibromyalgia and I believe that I am suffering from FMS. I have most of the classic symptoms and have been to many physicians but no-one seems to know how to treat me. I have been on Cymbalta, Trepeline and Neurontin. I suffer terribly with side effects. What other medications are available? I read that Melatonin KL has been quite successfully used in FMS patients. I am very despondent, please give me some advice as to where I can find a doctor that specialises in FMS.

Expert ImageHeadache expert

Dear EA

The best person to see is a "Rheumatologist". Your GP should be able to advise you who the rheumatologist/s in your area are. If your GP can't help you, then please contact me on drshevel@headclin.co.za and let me know where you live, so I can locate someone in your area.