Question
Posted by: deee | 2007/04/02

fibroids!!!!!!!!!!!!!

can i get help finding a specialist in fibroids. i have been told by my gynae that i have to have remove my uterus because my fibroids are too large. this is not an option for me as i have researched a lot about this condition. if only i could get someone who is willing to help me. i am so desperate. its been three years trying to find a good doctor, but all i get is a response i do not want.

There are no fibroid specialists. These are handled by general gynaecologists. Myomectomy, removing only the fibroids, is an option, but this could be difficult if they are very big.
\

4
Posted by: deeeeeeeee | 2007/04/03

thanks guys, i do not want to remove my uterus, at the moment i do not have any major synptoms except a tummy looking like i am six moths pregnant. my periods are still normal. i still want to have children. i leave in PTA.

Reply to deeeeeeeee
Posted by: GIL | 2007/04/03

Deee I just had a hysterectomy because I had a fibroid the size of a 14 week fetus in my uterus. Initially I was really upset about having to have the op but now there is no looking back. This was 2 months ago and I feel fantastic now that I no longer have very painful periods or a tummy that made me look like I was 20 weeks pregnant. it is the best thing that I could have done. I also managed to find a wonderful gynae, he was truly amazing. if you live in Durban I can give you his name.
Don't live with your fibroids anymore, it's just not worth it!

Reply to GIL
Posted by: Regular | 2007/04/02

Hi Also,

I think shes trying to avoid having her uterus removed.

Deee: In what area do you stay?

Reply to Regular
Posted by: Also | 2007/04/02

Hi Dee

Is there a reason why you don't want them removed? I had two large fibriods removed two years ago and its the best thing I ever did. No more painful periods.

Reply to Also