Posted by: Jo | 2007/05/20

Fibroid or calium growth on top of foot

Hi Doc, I have a little fibroid-type of growth on top of my right foot, it's a small "pebble" that I can feel just under the skin, it moves around quite easily when you push it with your finger tip. I quite often get these along my shin, it's not the growth that worries me, but more the pressure that shoes have on it, or kneeling with my feet under me (I have two small kids so am in that position all day!!)

What would you recommend, and if I were to have it removed, what kind of procedure would it be? Local anaesthetic or day in hospital?

I think it's the pressure of it pressing on my foot bones when I sit on my feet, it getting rather painful. Thanks, Jo

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageArchive

Jo you need to see a surgeon or orthopaedic surgeon who can remove it for you, if it is just under the skin local may suffice BUT this is at the discretion of the doctor operating.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.