Question
Posted by: RB | 2007/06/04

fibroid on uterus, encircled by left ure

Started of by severe pain in L thigh and kidneys. IVP indicated normal, indention noted on the superior bladder area. L distal ureter encircling pelvic mass compressing the bladder. Sonar showsfibroid on uterus 44 x 47 mm. Gynea feels hysterectomy is only solution or live with it. Opinion?? I am 43 years old and had 3 children.

I think that is reasonable. You are having symptoms and, presumably your family is complete. The fibroid seems to be causing problems, so it is best to have it removed. It is difficult to remove the fibroid only, so a hysterectomy is probably the best option.