Question
Posted by: Girl | 2005/11/28

Fibroadenosis and too scared to see doc

I have all my life had lumpy breasts. They not sore to touch and squeese, but sometimes it is, esp round my period.
Bout 1 week before i come on, my breasts swell up and get soooo sore i can barely take my bra off or put one on. And they become very lumpy. Ive read up about this condition, altho i havnt been for any tests, i have typical symptoms of fibro adenosis. The lumps tend to disappear after my period.. but there is always a few there. My one breast is slightly bigger then the other, and is very swollen right now. My periods are normal, but cramps are extremely painful. I get dizzy round this time, and feel week and horrible.

You think i could just start taking the pill or some form of contraception to level out my hormones? And is this caused from hormones? If i decided to go to the doc EVENTUALLY, what should i expect? Does that thin needle hurt when they take a biopsy of the breast? HELP!

The Pill should help for the premenstrual dizziness and cramps. It may help the breast tenderness too. You could also try Evening Primrose oil for the sore breasts. This is likely to be hormonal.
The fine needle biopsy is not very painful.