Question
Posted by: Visibly | 2007/05/07

Fibre Bran

Fibre Bran in boiling water overnight - Which minerals do I get in when drinking that water the next day?

Dear Visibly
This is an interesting question! I do think that you will not actually obtain many minerals from the water that fibre bran has been soaked in, because the minerals in high-fibre foods are bound or 'chelated' by the high phytate (a chemical compound) in the fibre so that they are not readily available for absorption. The chelating process would not be destroyed by soaking the fibre bran in boiling water. A chemical reaction is required to break the bond between the phytate and the minerals.

1
Posted by: KARIEN | 2007/05/07

WHY NOT JUST USE OAT BRAN ? WONDERFUL PRODUCT

Reply to KARIEN