Question
Posted by: Sonja | 2004/10/18

Fibre

If I go on the weigh less diet I suffer from serious heartburn, which I think may be from the high fibre intake. The "in-thing" is fibre, but can it cause serious heartburn and why.

Dear Sonja
This is an individual reaction and some people develop heartburn and produce more stomach acid when they eat white bread, others when they eat brown bread. You may also be reacting to some other component such as soya, so keep a food diary noting down the foods you eat and how you react to them and cut out the offending foods.
Good luck with the weight loss