Question
Posted by: Lisa | 2004/11/24

Fever Sufferer

I have a reoccuring fever that cause my muscles to tense ,pain and I get shivers all over my body sometimes get dizzy and have a dry throat especially in the morning I take medication but it comes back again and again maybe for the past 4 months. What could be the cause?

Lisa, it might be due to host of things and it will take me the rest of the week trying to list them. If you have taken antibiotics and treatment more the more common causes, we have to treat your case as FUO (fever of unknown origin). If you mail me at CyberDoc@mweb.co.za I’ll cut and paste you something which might help direct your doctor in the right direction. Good luck.