Question
Posted by: Mitch | 2008/07/09

Fever

Hi Doc,

A while back I was suffering from constant headaches, dizzy spells and my face felt like it was burning up. My GP suggested I see an ENT as he suspected it was sinus related. I was on antibiotics and had a CT Scan done on the sinus area, and they detected something called Bilateral Concha Bullosae and apparently was nothing for concern and I was put on more antibiotics and nasal spray. However the symptoms are all still there. I feel sluggish and light headed and I have already fainted twice. My face & neck feels like it is on fire but when I take my temperature the reading is normal. I don't know what else to do.

Hi Mitch
You may have a sinus problem plus something else underlying. Please go back to your GP - other causes of facial flusing can be carcinoid syndrome ( abnormal hormones produced by certain tumours), certain skin conditions like rocacea, premature menopause ( if you are female), certain medications ( diabetes/high cholesterol). Have your blood pressure monitored daily for a few days too.