Question
Posted by: opal | 2004/11/28

Fever?

Hi there....I wonder if anyone has some advice for me....
I am a 31 year old female,with no major health problems,,except for Reiters syndrome which I had when I was 26 (Reactive Arthritis)-not on any medication for it since that time.
My problem is,I have been feeling a bit mizzy lately,also very hot sometimes....I started taking my temperature for the last month and it varies between 37.3 degrees celcius and 37.9 degrees celcius.My G.P. took bloods for FBC and U&E which were all fine,as well as a urine test which was also fine.
We checked the thermometer (Braun Thermoscan),and it isn't faulty.
Why am I getting these low grade fevers the whole time?
I also get some joint discomfort at night sometimes (I'm not sure if this is all related somehow)
I'd appreciate any advice....
Thanx a lot!!

Opal, the first thing to do is to make sure it isn’t the Reiter’s coming back or that it is due to a different connective tissue disorder. It might also be due to a infection of sorts (including malaria, bilharzhia, histoplasmosis, etc.) and unfortunately also tumours. The best would be to see a specialist physician and make sure that it isn’t something serious. Good luck.