Question
Posted by: desperate noni | 2008/05/31

feterlity specialist close to Rustenburg

i have been actively triyng to concieve for the past 8 months and nothing. hubby doesnt even want to take ant vitamins cos he feels he is fine sso i strted on my own 2 moths back to use staminogro. my gyn put me on clomid for 2 moths and still nothing. my periods are irregular ever since i started. i do have a child from my previous relationship who is 5 yrs. i was supposed to start my peiods on the 28th cause i have been watching them for the past 3 mothns and they were on time but nothing. today i bought a HPT cause i have been feeling bloated likr i have swallowed a cow as well as feel heartburn and hungry but it came out negative. i need to know whether someone with irregular periods ovulates every month or not.
where can i get the nearest fertelity speciaist in rustenburg. i am 28 years old and want to get pregnant as soon as i can.

Dear Desperate Noni
Generally if you are having irregular periods then this would indicate that you may not be ovulating every month. To assess if your ovulation is occuring or not one could use a commercial test kit available at any pharmacy, or you could have serial ultrasounds to assess the follicle is developing or not. One could also do a progesterone level in the middle of the second half of your menstrual cycle. I do not know of any fertility specialists in Rustenburg, but perhaps you should start seeing your Gynaecologist and I am sure he would be very capable of doing any of the above test for you.