Question
Posted by: Nervous Mommy-to-be | 2004/09/20

Fetal Movement query - URGENT PLEASE!

Hi there,
I suppose I am just another paranoid first time mom-to-be. I have been noticing movement for the past three weeks or so, getting stronger and stronger, however very busy one day and then very quiet the next. I had a "busy" day yesterday, but had a bit of an upset tummy last night and this morning. Better now, but it seems to be a "quiet" day. No movement yet. I am 18½ weeks and I know that only 22 weeks movements should be regular etc. but can't help but be worried. Any advise will be greatly appreciated.

It does not sound like you have anything to worry about. Like you said movements percieved vary from day to day.

4
Posted by: Suzette | 2004/09/20

I am also 18 weeks pregnant, but I am not feeling my baby move as yet, but it is normal. I felt baby once about four weeks ago, but i feel her mostly when i have a fright then i feel her jump as well. I was at the doc today and had a scan and she said it is absolutely normal and that baby is very healthy and strong.

The best time a first time mom feels the baby is from 20 weeks and my doc tells me she only started feeling her baby at 24 weeks.

Reply to Suzette
Posted by: DB | 2004/09/20

Hi Ladies
I am also 21 weeks, and his movement is not regular yet. Last night I felt a few 'kicks' in the same spot, but it disappeared again, and nothing so far today.

Enjoy!

Reply to DB
Posted by: Tania | 2004/09/20

Hi, I am 21 weeks pregnant and have been feeling movement since about 18 weeks. It is also irregular, sometimes hard and strong and other days very little movement. So I think it is normal to feel irregular moves. Good luck!

Reply to Tania
Posted by: Francis | 2004/09/20

I am 18 weeks preggies with my second one. I am feeling also little movement now and again. When I'm busy and dont' feel anything. If I stay quiet and relax then after a few minutes I'm feeling some movement, but not like "MOVEMENT" only hardening and a little bit of a bumping feeling....

I am also worried and are going to doc on wednesday, because I don't have a tummy at all and don't even look preggies. I had a miscarriage before this pregnancy and are very paranoid so rather be safe than sorry and I want doc to look and see that everything is ok.

With my first pregnancy I started feeling at 17 weeks, but also on and off. Started with nice everyday feeling round about 20 - 21 weeks.

Reply to Francis