Question
Posted by: Mom2Be | 2004/11/24

Fetal Hearing

Hi there,
I have read a couple of articles indicating that my baby may start to respond to certain sounds round 28 weeks. This is a far as what I am now, however I don't really notice my baby moving specifically when a door slams shut, or the dogs bark or my husband speaks etc. Does this indicate that she may have a hearing defect? She does move around alot all day long, so I know she is healthy. Please advise.

Remember that the baby is cushioned in a lot of water so will only hear loud sounds applied directly to your abdomen.

1
Posted by: Francis | 2004/11/24

I am 27 weeks and was also wondering about that. I think in some books they say only from 32 weeks on the hearing is fully develop, but I also are wondering about that.

I don' t have any response yet on hard noises, but my one is also very busy.

Reply to Francis