Posted by: Pcos | 2008/07/16

I have Pcos, when I do have a cycle it most of the time starts of with some spotting for a few days - then a almost clean day and THEN only do I seem to get a full cycle. I going to start using Fertomid/clomid on my next cycle. From where do i start counting the "day 4 to 10" when I should drink the Fertomid. From when the very light spotting begins or from the when the actual flowing starts? Thank you

Dear Pcos

The bleeding pattern that you have described is common in PCOS sufferers and is mainly due to erratic or no ovulation occurring. The spotting often is a result of disordered endometrial thickening (lining of the womb) and as a consequence the shedding occurs intermittently. In such cases it is unwise to just start Clomid without some form of prior endometrial control. This can be achieved by hormonal means and a simple 1-month course of oral contraceptives maybe sufficient to allow adequate shedding of the endometrium before commencing with Clomid.

Answered by: Dr.M.I. Cassim

Posted by: Dee GTC | 2008/07/17

Count From the first day of RED blood flow.

Reply to Dee GTC