Question
Posted by: Virgo | 2005/12/13

Fertomid + injection

Hi Fertility Specialist,

I was given fertomid for 5 days and then the doc gave me an injection a couple of days later, the egg was 20mm, which was a good sign. The injection was given to me on Friday 9 December and like the doc said, I had to have intercourse 36 hrs later-which was saturday night, cos this will make me ovulate that night...I had intercourse that same night, saturday and sunday night. But I have just been feeling really strange inside my tummy yesterday and today, can this mean anything or is it way toooo early to even predict.

Thanks so Much....

Dear Virgo

I do apologise for the delayed response. I am sure that yoy are very anxiuos! Relax!

The treatment protocol that you have undergone is correct and your response is what we would have expected from such a cycle.
However, t is too early to tell whether you have conceived or not. The strange feeling inside your tummy may be secondary to the ovulation process having occured, and therefore we cannot draw any definite conclusions from this. The earliest possible blood test for pregnancy would be from approximately 10 days after the ovulation has taken place and this must be in form of a beta- quantitative blood test, to verify that you are pregnant.