Question
Posted by: Doret | 2004/12/02

Fertomid did not work

I just finished my first course of Fertomid, but still did not ovulate. My gynae recommended 100 mg from days 5 to 10 in Dec.
If this still does not cause me to ovulate, what will most likely happen? What other treatments are there except Clomid/Fertomid to bring on ovulation? I am to scared to ask the doctor what we will do next.
I have never ovulated before and only have periods is I am on Prempak.(HRT)

The treatment depends a bit on the cause for your not ovulating. If you have PCOS, Metformin would be an option. You might also need Pergonal injections to stimulate ovulation.

1
Posted by: Healthcrae | 2004/12/02

It appears that you more likely have deficient estrogen, hence only menstruation on Prempak.
In this case, Fertomid/Clomid is not the appropriate medication as it has anti-estrogenic properties

Reply to Healthcrae