Question
Posted by: Moi | 2008/01/13

Fertomid

Good day Doctor.

I am 27 years old, and I have two children. I conceived them both very quickly, and both pregnancies were problem free resulting in two natural births, again with no complications. we are trying for a 3rd child, and have had two miscarriages, and i am having trouble conceiving. With the miscarriages, the problem seems to be that the progesterone rises and then drops. I have had blood tests done and it shows that everything is as it should be. I am taking fertomid 50mg this month to see if that helps any. if it doesnt, what should i do next?
Thank you for your time.

Dear Moi

I would suggest that you pursue the clomid route for at least another two attempts failing which an a assessment of the fallopian tubes may be nessecary. This can be done either by x-ray (HSG) or alternatively by laporoscopy. If you do conceive I would strongly suggest progesterone supplementation from an early stage and followed to be maintained for at least eight to ten weeks of pregnancy.

1
Posted by: vicki | 2008/01/15

i am currently taking fertomid.the doctor say my egg count is low.what can i do if it doesnt work.

Reply to vicki