Question
Posted by: Pgames | 2006/07/25

Fertomed - please advise

Hi there doc

Went to Dr. Van Der Merwe in Vincent Pallotti Hospital on the 11th July 2006. They told me to drink a half a pill (25 mg of Fertomed).

Went yesterday on day 12th for the sonar and unfortunately there was just one egg but is was big, healthy and normal and the uteris linning (sorry for the spelling) was 9 and a half. Had the blood taken yesterday as well and today also... Tomorrow I must go for a sonar again....

We had to make a choice on whether we are going to do the AI or to do the home plan this month and then try next month again. They said that if we do the home plan it may help but I am worried because my husbands morphology is only 5% but the rest is normal.

So then what will happen is that the Fertomed will be changed to 50 mg (1 pill a day from day 4).

What I would like to know is will the changes be better next month if I drink a stronger pill....

It's very difficult for me to make a choice about what to do... I personally is very scared of all the stuff... I would appreciate it if you let me know what you think....

Thank you very much

Pgames

Dear Pgames

The response that you had after low dose clomid is fine and I would suggest that you go ahead with the insemination process this month. If however, this has not succeeded, than one could try again with a slightly higher dose.