Posted by: Chantelle | 2004/01/05


We have been trying for almost 10 years for a child. This year we have decided that we are seriously going to do something about this. We've been for test before, both of us, I was on Clomid for 4 months, was this long enough? Should we try that route again? I was told that my levels were high enough on Clomid, yet we didn't fall pregnant. Is there anything my husband can take to increase his fertility? Should we go for tests again, start from the beginning? Advise please!

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageGynaeDoc

If you had tests more than two years ago, you should have them repeated. You should have tests for ovulation, check that your tubes are open and your husband should have a semenanalysis. Seeing a fertility expert would be a good idea.

Best wishes

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Belinda | 2004/01/06

I was on the pill for 4 years to months before my wedding I stopped. Fell pregnant in second month. Miscariage on 10 weeks. Did tests, insulien levels was at 73 and hormone levels also to high. Said I have Polysistic Ovary Syndrome. Put me on Rolab Melformin 500mg to bring down insulien levels. Done to 17.7 after one year. Very irregular menstruale periods. (Anything between 24 and 32 day cicles). Should I rather go back on my pill for a couple of months or not?
Advise appreciated.

Reply to Belinda
Posted by: www | 2004/01/06

After 10 years of trying with unsuccesful treatment once already, if you're serious about having a baby, maybe you should consider going to a proper fertility clinic/specialist and, as you say, start the whole process again. Let them test both of you and then decide on a plan of treatment.

Reply to www

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.