Question
Posted by: landi | 2004/10/11

fertility treatment - things to avoid?

I am going to have IVF done in nov- unfortunately had my tubes tied and now want to fall pregnant again - is there any vitamines and or supplemnets that I should take or avoid so long - in order for this procedure to work better - it is very expensive and I cannot afford a second attemp! anyone please help. I am only going for my first appointment 1st of Nov but want to start planning now.

Stop alcohol and smoking and eat healthy plus exercise

3
Posted by: Tracey | 2004/10/11

take staminogro! all the fertility clinics prescribe it (it has all the vitamins, minerals and folic acid you need) and can increase sperm and egg quality.

Your hubby should take it too (take 4 tablets each night).

Reply to Tracey
Posted by: Justine | 2004/10/11

Hi landi

Perhaps you can ask your Doctor what you should avoid. As not all the clinics are the same. When I went for IVF my doctor told me that I mustn’t take anything with aspirin in. You should take prenatal Vitamins and your folic, I was also not aloud to take Steminogro but hubby was aloud to take it. Not too much coffee or tea but Rooibos tea is good and a lot of water.

Take care and all of the best with the IVF.
Justine

Reply to Justine
Posted by: Sally | 2004/10/11

Im sorry I cant help but I just want to wish you all the best and hope everything goes well . Please keep us updated.

Reply to Sally