Question
Posted by: Toks | 2003/12/22

Fertility problems

I have freinds who have been battling to have a baby and are now considering artificial insemination but are not sure where to start.Do the medical aid cover the cost of the procedure?if not how much should they be prepared to pay?
Where can they get help in Durban?

Medical aids generally do not pay for fertility treatment. Prices vary widely from place to place and doctor to doctor. Your friends' best bet is to see their gynaecologist and take it from there.

2
Posted by: Toks | 2003/12/31

Reply to Toks
Posted by: HEALTHCARE | 2003/12/23

Toks,

Medical Aids do not cover any fertility related treatments.
Assisted reproduction such IVF and AI can cost about R15 000 per cycle.
The overall success rate is about 20%.

Alternative choices would be to try natural and complementary therapies.

For more info about my affordable and non-ivasive Natural Fertility Program, write to lotusway@mweb.co.za ( Complementary Healthcare Practitioner specialising in natural fertility programs

Reply to HEALTHCARE