Posted by: Janine | 2011/09/29

Fertility Problem

I would like to know what we can do as my husband''s swimmers is swimming the wrong way thus us not being able to fall pregnant.Please assist as we not to sure what to do or if there is anything we should try.
Thank you

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageFertility expert

Dear Jannie

In the first instance I would recommend that a full and thorough semen analysis be done again to fully understand the nature of the problem. Sperms do not simply swim the wrong way but have various motion patterns some of which are not compatible with conception and in some cases the motility index after a given period of time might be sub-optimal. Once the exact nature of the problem has been established the appropriate treatment may then be instituted and in mild to moderate cases a simple insemination is all that is required. In more advanced cases of sperm problems in-vitro fertilization and even microinjection ICSI may be necessary.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.