Question
Posted by: Tugela | 2007/05/02

Fertility - Periods playing havoc

I had a DNC procedure 19 March-07. My period lasted 2 days (24-26 April-07)after the DNC. My next cycle (26 April-07), my period lastest for 1 day. The flow did not need any protection, just wiped every time I went to the loo. I had stomach cramps but no bleeding or flow. No intimacy close to those days as hubby was out of the country. On day 5 I did a home pregnancy test and the result was negative. On day 7( 02 May-07), I have a light brown discharge (discharge resembles maltabela porridge colour). Could I be pregnant or is my system just re-adjusting itself. It is now 42 days since my DNC. I am confused and anxious at the same time. What can I do from here?

Dear Tugela

To answer this question adequately I require the reason for the initial d&c procedure. If this was related to a pregnancy state then the symptoms you experienced may well be normal. Also if the d&c was done to diagnose hormonal imbalance then it appears that such an imbalance may not have been adequately reversed or treated.