Question
Posted by: G | 2006/04/17

Fertility, Pain in lower abdomen in mid cycle, Painfull menstration

I have been to consult my Gynae, and had no joy, I got the feeling that because I was still under 30 and that I have already had one healthy child (now age 6), that I was making more of my situation than there was.
My History, I had my daughter at the age of 22, there after I went back onto the pill. About four years ago I met my husband and came off the pill. We were not trying to have a baby but the pill was giving me complications with discharge from my breasts and fribrosis lumps that were painfull. The breast specialist that I consulted suggested that I come off the pill and put me on a course of hormones to correct the inbalance in my system. Shortly after this I was sent to mozimbique where I got bitten by a tse tse fly and contracted several bacterial and parisitic infections - Rekestia (2 different strains), mycoplasmia, Clymidia and yesinia (I hope the spelling is correct). I underwent treatment with serveral doctors and specialist in the field of african diseases and was told that I would recover fully but would still have relapses for about 3 to 5 years.
It is now going on 3 years later and my husband and I have been trying to conceive for about 2 years now. My husband has been tested and everything works. I have been tested and the doctors and gynae's I have consulted say that everything is fine.
But lately (approx last 6 to 8 months) I have been suffering more than normal with painfull menstration and heavy bleeding to the point where I am bed ridden for the day and I suffer from fatigue for days afterwards from blood lost. I have also been experiencing a sharp stabbing pain through my pelvic and hip area, through my ovaries in the middle of my cycle. It is very painfull and often takes the wind out of me.
I have been monitoring my cycle and I have a 30 to 32 day cycle. And it is regular, I have also been testing my LH levels for the past two months and there is no change.
This is really starting to worry me and the pain is becoming unbearable. I have tried to talk to my GP but he is not being very helpfull and my gynae just won't listen.
Please help I am going mad with worry and just don't know what to do???
G

You may have endometriosis. You would need a laparoscopy to check for this. You can have a simple blood test on Day 21 of your cycle to check whether or not you are ovulating.