Question
Posted by: MD | 2006/07/25

Fertility meds

I have just gone through a round of fertility drugs, such as: Gonal-f,fertomid,estrogen,pregnyl. What are the chances of me conceiving?I have pcos. My doc said yesterday that my uterus looked good(day11) and I should start trying form today(day12) till Friday.I am afraid if it doesn't happen. Has anyone had any success taking these meds and trying on their own instead of artificial insemination?

Please Respond, ANYONE!!

Youir chances would be in the region of 20%.

2
Posted by: MD | 2006/07/25

Hi Struggling

Thanks for the reply.I am sorry to hear about your situation.Fortunately, I don't have a blocked tube, but only PCOS.I am so worried right now. I had a mis 11 weeks ago and I just have this longing to be preg again. I was 6 wks preg.I just want a baby!!I guess I just need to hear a few true success stories.The ladies you are talking about, did the treatment work the first time?

I wish you everything of the best!!

Reply to MD
Posted by: Struggling | 2006/07/25

Hi MD
I've had two rounds of treatment like that, but unfortunatley, both failed. But that was more due to my one blocked fallopian tube and my husbands low sperm morphology.
We will be starting with IVF in August.
However, I do know of plenty of women who have been successful with this type of treatment.

All the best.
Struggling

Reply to Struggling