Posted by: Mich | 2008/09/23

Fertility expert required

I have been trying to conceive for 2 years now i under went a laporoscopy 3 months ago and the endometriosis was removed unfortunately my one tube is blocked, but the other is fine.

Is it to soon to consider fertility treatment? Please can you advise on a good fertility expert, i reside in johannesburg on the East Rand but don' t mind travelling..

Age: 24
TTC: 2yrs
Diagnosed: Endometriosis/blocked tube
Husband: Sperm count normal

Dear Mich

The fact that you have endometriosis and 1 blocked tube would be a reason why you are finding it more difficult to conceive. However having 1 normal tube and if your endometriosis is mild then you do have a good chance of either conceiving naturally or having a little bit of assistance with some technology. I cannot advise you on a good fertility specialist for ethical reasons as we run our own fertility unit as well.

Answered by: Dr. Y. Dasoo