Question
Posted by: KK | 2007/05/22

Fertility and Vaginismus

I have primary vaginismus and have been on treatment for some time, no positive results yet.
I would like to find out about my options with conceiving, taking the vag problem into account.

Dear KK

The best option would be to consider intrauterine insemination provided that ovulation and fallopian tube problems have been excluded. Also it is imperative to have a sperm analysis done so that the likelihood of a male factor has been excluded as well. The actual process of insemination may be done under conscious sedation or even under general anaesthesia if so desired.