Question
Posted by: Ma-Zet | 2007/04/20

fertility after arbotion

i have a 5 yr old baby girl and i did 2 arbotions just after she was born. and since then i've ben trying to concieve, but just cant. i just want to know if is it possible to concieve after 2 arbitions and what can i do to get help.

Dear Ma-Zet

In general if the abortions were done in a clinic environment by an experienced practitioner then there should be no negative impact on fertility. However if no d+c’s were done or there was a post abortal infection then the likelihood of tubal damage should be considered. If you are having difficulty in conceiving I suggest that you have your tubal patency checked. This can be done by means of a simple x-ray called an HSG (hysterosalpingogram) or by means of minimally invasive surgery such as a laparoscopy.

3
Posted by: Madam | 2007/04/25

Just ignore those other judgmental respondents. This site is supposed to be used for the sharing of advice and information, not for personal gripes. We sympathise with those having difficulties conceiving, but please don't take out your frustrations on others who have nothing to do with your situation. If you have no constructive advice to offer, just shut up and leave your emotional baggage & righteousness at home!

Ma-zet, there shouldn't be any problems with your fertility if your 2 abortions were carried out properly. Some products of conception can get left behind if the abortion was not done correctly, which might lead to complications. See a gynae for a scan of your womb and ovaries and also have him check if you haven't developed endometriosis since then.

Good luck!

Reply to Madam
Posted by: What 2???????????????? | 2007/04/25

I can't believe u had 2 abortions, my gosh. I think that one is all up to God, if u will ever have a chance to have another baby. U know it has really been difficult for me to concieve and I wish to get a baby one day and you had that chance 3 times and 2 times u flushed it down, that chance to concieve.

I don't understand what help u are requesting u have your answers??????????

Reply to What 2????????????????
Posted by: Raditsela | 2007/04/23

but why would you want to conceive after aborting twice.some of us are struggling and you think you can just have and not have as you wish.i know i might be out of line but you break my heart.i think this forum is for people that want babies and really have prblems conceiving.

Reply to Raditsela