Posted by: nads | 2009/05/11


I had a miscarriage last year end nov. at 6weeks, since after my evacuation 2nd Dec. I had 2 normal periods, then end March I had a very unusual period that lasted 2 weeks. The first week was an on and of period then the 2nd week was a constant light to medium flow period. During that time I went for blood test and they'  ve noticed my testosterone levels are too high, the doctor have put me on homeopathic medicines to normalise my hormones and cycle as we are trying to conceive again but no luck so far. But last week Friday I had some spotting again and thought my period is starting again but later there was nothing, then on yesterday the same thing again, light spotting but nothing further but I have the cramps that I must have when I have a period. I did a hpt and it was neg. but my doctor send me for pregnancy blood test but I'  m not sure if it will be pos. What could be wrong as we are really trying to conceive. One thing that I must mention is that when I went for my check up after the evacuation all was fine but one thing, on the sonar it showed that I have a small myoma on my uterus. Please advise as it would mean alot to me as I'  m starting to feel that all keeps me away of conceiving.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageFertility expert

Dear Nads

The fact that you have fallen pregnant last year November is an excellent sign that you have the ability to conceive. If you have had normal periods before and it has just become abnormal since March then I wouldn’t worry too much as it may return back to normal. However if this unusual menstruation cycle persists then I would suggest a repeat ultrasound by your doctor to ascertain if there is no cysts or polyps present on examination. Having a small myoma does not necessarily disturb you menstrual cycle however, if the myoma is in the endometrial cavity then under those circumstances irregular and inter-menstrual bleeding can occur. So my advice is to first have an assessment by your gynaecologist to ascertain that there are no abnormalities present.

Answered by: Dr. Y.M. Dasoo

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.