Question
Posted by: Paddy | 2007/02/14

fertility

Just want to find out what my chances of falling pregnant are after an ectopic pregnancy whereby one tube was removed. My doctor told me that the remaining tube is healthy but I still worry cause I've had so many sad stories relating to not having both tube.

Dear Paddy

In general fertility immediately drops by 50%. Whereas in the normal circumstance it could take up to one year for a healthy couple to conceive, in this instance it may take up to two years for conception to occur. Furthermore, the chances of another ectopic occurring is in the region of 40%.