Question
Posted by: Elize | 2004/11/08

Fertility

I'm married for 5 years and after seing two diffirent Gynae's i'm still not pregnant. I was on Clomeds, went for Invetro etc, but nothing wanted to work.

Could you please help me with the best Fertility Gynae that i can see, preferably in the Gauteng area.

Try the Sandton fertility clinic.

4
Posted by: DB | 2004/11/09

I have been with the same gynae for 1 year and no luck. Before that I was with another gynae for 6 months and did not get any better results. I was told that the Medfem clininc is very good, but they are extremely expensive. I can not stand it anymore. It is driving me crazy - ecpesially the fear that all this might be for nothing. I would rahter be told that I can never have children that be given false hope. I am going to play it straig with the gynae next time...so that I can put it all behind me and move on to the next leval.

Reply to DB
Posted by: PN | 2004/11/09

Hi Elize

Have you considered consulting a homeopath?

Reply to PN
Posted by: FH | 2004/11/08

Hi there Elize

If you are in the East Rand/North of JHB you could try Vitalab, at the Linkwood Clinic (Linksfield).

We have been with them for almost a year now, and they seem to be very jacked up.

Cheers, and good luck

Reply to FH
Posted by: Golly | 2004/11/08

Elize,

There is a downside to switching doctors as the next person is unfamiliar with your medical history and may need to have a lot of tests and examinations repeated. However, if you have seen general Gynaes and not infertility specialists before, you may feel the need to find a specialist. You are always entitled to a second opinion, but may get the same answer to your infertility as before.

I'm with Dr. Lindeque at Wilgeheuwel Hospital (Gynomed) and have seen him for a year without being pregnant. But I still have hope (IVF is next and last resort).

I hear Dr. Pentz in Pretoria also comes very highly recommended. His number is (012) 367 4363. He apparently only takes on cases of infertility, while dr Lindeque specialises in infertility, but also takes on general gynaecological cases.

Hopes this helps!

Reply to Golly