Question
Posted by: Anita | 2004/10/18

Fertilisation / Artificial insemination after sterilisation and vasectomy

This might sound outrageously ridiculous - but I need to ask:

If a man had a vasectomy +/- 5 years ago and the woman had a sterilisation +/- 3 years ago but now they might explore the idea to have another child - would it be possible?? Is it possible to retrieve sperm and an egg; fertilising it externally and artificially inseminating it into the woman's womb??

Yes. This is called testicular biopsy, IVF and embryo transfer. It is offered at fertility clinics but not cheap though.

1
Posted by: Tracey | 2004/10/18

See a good fertility specialist! We are using donor sperm after the testicular biopsy didn't work with my husband. the specialists can work miracles, you just have to be patient

Reply to Tracey