Posted by: Anita | 2004/10/18

Fertilisation / Artificial insemination after sterilisation and vasectomy

This might sound outrageously ridiculous - but I need to ask:

If a man had a vasectomy +/- 5 years ago and the woman had a sterilisation +/- 3 years ago but now they might explore the idea to have another child - would it be possible?? Is it possible to retrieve sperm and an egg; fertilising it externally and artificially inseminating it into the woman's womb??

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageGynaeDoc

Yes. This is called testicular biopsy, IVF and embryo transfer. It is offered at fertility clinics but not cheap though.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Tracey | 2004/10/18

See a good fertility specialist! We are using donor sperm after the testicular biopsy didn't work with my husband. the specialists can work miracles, you just have to be patient

Reply to Tracey

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.