Question

Fertiboost or Staminogro

Hi there, i would like to know what others views on Fertiboost and Staminogro is?? Which would one recommend to be better option for increase in feritility especially in a man. My husband has been told he has low sperm count and 10% chance of having children and ive heard of these two products and would like to try giving him one but not sure which is a better option? Thanks i would appreciate it.

Dear Anon

It is extremely important to apply sound scientific principles to medical practice. Anecdotal reports and a small series of cases does not constitute a controlled clinical trial. Therefore, I cannot endorse the use of fertiboost or staminogro for that matter as a routine in clinical practice, since there are no adequate large enough, randomised controlled clinical trials to substantiate their use in routine practice. Such a trial if it does exist should be accepted by an international well-reputed fertility journal and should be accessible to scientific scrutiny and statistical analysis. This is not the case with regards to fertiboost, staminogro or other such homeopathic products.

It is important to note that even if a product is homeopathic this does not necessarily mean that this product is free of side effects or the product actually has got a sound therapeutic basis. Also it must be appreciated that factors such as male sperm duct obstruction (obstructive azoospermia) will not be treated adequately with medication only. Such obstructions will require either surgical correction or alternate means of fertility treatment such as IVF/ICSI etcetera. I can only state that there is a tremendous market for such alternative medical products and that the motives behind their use (in the absence of good scientific studies) can only be financial.

2
Posted by: Dee | 2007/03/26

Staminogro is more of a vitamin supplement containing lots of Vit B, folic acid etc whereas Fertiboost contains Chinese herbs, zinc, amino acids. My DH is using FB at the moment but we might switch to Staminogro next month because FB is quite expensive. I would imagine you could probably take both of them together, just check the labels again.

Reply to Dee
Posted by: G | 2007/03/26

My DH has sperm problems and is on Staminogrow, Copper & Zinc and Anti-oxidants.

Reply to G